Thursday, May 7, 2009

Okay, I'm failing miserably at running. I'm not even trying to run. Not even putting on shoes. My alarm goes off and I turn it off and roll over and go back to sleep. I come up with every excuse imaginable. It's too early. It's too late. It's too wet. It's too dark. Pockets needs to eat right now. I need to cook right now. I have to go to Wal-Mart. I have to do 30 Day Shred.
Really, that last one is the only thinking making me think I might still be improving. I stuck to my calories yesterday (see yesterday's post) so well that I had a few calories left over at dinner and made chocolate milk instead of regular milk. As I said, I did 30 Day Shred, but I didn't run. I also didn't do push ups, because I forgot about them except for the part during 30 Day Shred when they told us to do push ups. Oops!
For today, I have eaten rice krispies (measured out, with measured milk, making me feel like a loser) for 242.5 total calories, lunch is a tuna kit, which will be less than 240 calories, because I don't use much of the mayo or any of the relish, and for dinner I think I'll make fajitas, which I'm pretty excited about. I can have two fajitas for 400 calories, and then I have 431.5 calories left for beverages or brownie!!! I've been trying to find a way to eat some brownie. We'll see if I can do that or if I decide to eat extra fajitas.
Here's the issue I discovered last night: I've never been on a diet before. I mean, I've tried to "eat healthier" before, where I substituted healthy things when I could, but there was no baseline. I'm concerned that this new calorie limiter is either going to make me so psycho that I have to measure literally everything I eat with a measuring spoon, which is super awkward and weird, especially in public, or it's going to make me crack after like a week because I can't stick to it. I've already allowed some cheat days, like my wedding shower and my rehearsal dinner, of course, and there may be a couple extras, but I'm very concerned about sticking with it vs overdoing it. I know I have to stay above 1200, so I guess I can't mess up too much, but I worry. Also, I have already decided that the honeymoon doesn't really count, and after the honeymoon I'm going to re-evaluate for a higher calorie count, probably.
Other revisions: 30 Day Shred. I definitely want to do this every day, but I'm worried about the number of calories burned. I'm considering moving to twice a day some days or maybe switching for The Firm's 500 Calorie Workout on weekends. I like variety, which is why I do the Level 3 of 30 Day Shred sometimes, even though I wasn't really ready for it core-wise. I feel like it's fair to substitute as long as it's something of equal or greater exercise value.
So that's me for today. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment