Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rise and Shine

This blog is to get me up off the ground and start getting healthier. Some of the things I'm doing may seem extreme at first, but I promise I've looked into what I'm doing and ran all my ideas past my Chief Health Officer, my fiancé, who is always much more concerned with my health than I am. To start off, I'm going to set some goals, and then, like New Year's, see which ones stick. How about, to start off, three exercise goals and three food goals.

Exercise goals:
1. Do 30 Day Shred every day until my wedding!
2. Re-start the Hundred Push Up Challenge, and see it through this time.
3. Go running for five minutes every morning for the next week with my doggie (who is also in weight-loss mode)!

Discussion:
The wedding is only on June 12, so that's something that should be relatively easy to finish. It's a S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goal, because it is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely, Evaluable, and Revisable. I feel comfortable with this.
I failed at the Hundred Push Up Challenge before, mostly I think because I didn't follow the directions. I didn't rest on rest days and I feel like that pushed my progress up too quickly. We'll see if this can be alleviated by following the real plan this time.
Five minutes doesn't seem like very long, but I hate running flat out and am hoping this is a start. Also, I know my little doggie could use the exercise, so I'm hoping she'll love this game!

Now, food goals:
1. Stay between 1200 and 1300 calories a day until one week before the wedding (so June 5).
2. Only drink water, milk, or 100% juice until the wedding.
3. Eat at least one vegetable every day (real vegetables, not ketchup DAD) for a week.

Discussion:
1200-1300 calories sounds like it's not very much, but at my height and weight, it's actually the amount to lose one pound a week. Hopefully, with the addition of workouts, I can actually lose two pounds a week, but I'm not weighing myself, so it doesn't matter. As for beverages, I almost only drink that stuff anyway; it's all we usually keep in the house. I'll have to be careful at fast food restaurants, especially in the drive thru, but I may just end up choking up the extra dollar fifty to buy a bottled water. I gave up carbonated beverages for Lent, and that was fine. The vegetable is going to be hard, and I won't lie, I don't know how I'm going to pull it off tomorrow. However, it's only a week, so even if it means some weird sides, I'll plan for more in the future.

Final goal: Blog my food intake and exercise regimen for the next two weeks. I may miss some days due to being away from internet access, but I'll try to make them up next time it's available.

Wish me luck, and any tips are greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You can do it! (in voice of Rob Schneider)

    ReplyDelete